Thursday, August 1, 2013

small changes

Ok ... so after too much time thinking about curtains, I ordered enough of the same ones I already had to cover the rest of the windows ... They should be here Wednesday. Today two new pillow shams arrived for my big king size pillows. I have some on there now, but they are awfully dark and we're trying to lighten the place up ... going for the cottage look. My older daughter and I were bothered by the switch plate near the table - I'm not sure why ... it wasn't awful, just too ordinary. We didn't buy an extraordinary one, but what we replaced it with is nicer than what was there - photo to come tomorrow. While we were out we bought those styrofoam frames that people put on their walls to make it look like they've got panels on their walls. We wanted to put it around the mirror that's up now ... At first we thought we'd put a frame, but couldn't find one large enough or one that would go over the clips on the mirror. We went this styrofoam piece, but alas it's not big enough either. Then the lightbulb lit up ... why don't we just replace the mirror. That would be so much easier ... so we will. I also finished putting in the rest of drawer liners ... I had run out of the stuff I picked up, but got more and the job is done. My older daughter painted the inside wall to the left of the door with blackboard paint. She put on several coats and I'm excited to bring out the chalk. Lots of pics to come ... documenting all this so we can look back and say wow! look what we did! ... so much with just a little ...

No comments:

Post a Comment