Wednesday, August 7, 2013

failed

Well Miss Maggie failed NYS inspection today. Left rear running front left marker light out and bulb just spins as it's rotted out on the inside ... right rear running light out and can't get it to light up ... left brake pad corroded ... needs to be replaced ... Friendly Honda doesn't do repairs on vintage trailers so they sent me down to Trailer King ... I left her there with these guys who Honda tells me know what they're doing. They were very nice and they'll call tomorrow after going over the trailer and let me know what needs to be done to get her to pass and how much it will cost.
Before getting there we had a minor incident in the driveway ... my older daughter was backing the Pilot up so we could hitch the trailer to the car ... the back of the Pilot was up and I thought nothing of it until I heard CRUNCH ... It took out one of the slats on the jalousie window. She felt terrible, but nobody was hurt and it can be replaced ...
Speaking of replacing things, I found a fresh water filler with lid on ebay three days ago. I waited until this evening to bid and I won. I won't tell you how much I paid for it, however. I will tell you I really wanted it and I better not lose this one ...
I'm going to collect all the receipts to see just how much money this beauty has cost me so far ... I know it is a minuscule amount in comparison to what some folks put into their vintage travel trailers, but it would be good to keep a running record ... then again, maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment