Friday, August 2, 2013

                 

lined drawers ...                                                lined shelves in cupboards                

 before image of stove ... ok there is no after image ... but someday, there will be ... we'll paint this white ...

what you see in the drawers and cupboards are bowls/cups filled with baking soda ... there is not much of a musty smell, but we're trying to eliminate what there is of one ...


the windows were clean, but that old inspection sticker remained ... finally got a straight edge razor and took it off today ... now i need ot get my own sticker ... that was supposed to happen  Wednesday ... went to hitch the trailer to the car and the ball was not where I'd last left it ... my sister 
- the sensible one  - had taken out of the car prior to a trip to the jersey shore to make room for what? ... idk ... sand toys ... anyway ... next Wednesday this old girl will get her inspection ... 

My sink ... it doesn't work ... well, what I mean is the holding tank is rusted out so I won't be using it unless I attach a hose ... I read in one woman's blog that she uses the sink as an ice bucket for her wine! ... she'd rather drink wine than do dishes ... I'd have to agree with that ... I did throw some dirty water down the sink after washing down the cabinets only to find that the pipe under the sink leaks ... bought some plumber's putty ... easy fix ... I'll be using the sink as an ice bucket, too, but I'll need it to drain outside ... not onto the stuff I've stored under the sink.

Why is it that cleaning the Shasta is more fun than cleaning my house?


So my little vintage trailer doesn't have a fridge ... it has an old ice box! It's pretty cool ... I'll put bags of ice up on top because I'm not sure I can find a block of ice anywhere ... and I'll put my cooler on the bottom ... out of the way and nice and chilled it will be!


We tried to find a frame to put around the mirror just to add a little flair to this, but we finally realized it would be easier just to buy a mirror ... I think I'm repeating myself here ...

 You can see my cabinets are all in nice shape ...
 These doors, however, seem to have rust on them ...well, it's not rust, but whatever it is, it won't wash off ... I wanted to paint them at first, but I think we may just remove them and store them ...

 Now this is handy ... a bottle opener that catches the caps ... I think we might use this ...









 This blue enamelware was left behind by the previous owner ... a percolator, 4 dishes, 4 bowls, 4 mugs ... I didn't want blue so I sold them on ebay ... by the way, the curtains sold, too.
 I love these ... one over my table and one over my sink ... I even have one in my old house!
I don't love this ... and I don't see myself using the propane light so I may remove it ... anybody want to buy this?
and the bed ... just covered it today with an old, cozy comforter ... when do we leave?

No comments:

Post a Comment