Friday, July 5, 2013

here she is

So here she is ... Maggie Mae ... I was going to name her Pearl ... I had even thought that I'd have my daughter make a fancy "P" with a mermaid tail ... but I kept thinking ...
I had a lot of time to think ... we traveled 4 hours to pick her up and my older daughter slept for half the trip!
Then it came to me ... Maggie Mae ... that'd be perfect ... after all, she's an old girl.  A few miles flew by and I turned on the radio mostly to stay awake as I seldom listen to the radio in the car - I like the quiet ... I'm sure you can guess the name of the song that was playing ... it was settled.


Three weeks prior I had seen a few ladies selling their wares at the Country Living Fair in rhinebeck, NY. They had such pretty little travel trailers all cottaged up and I thought ... I want to do that! Of course, I have a real job and doing things like that is very realistic, but I started looking anyway ... reality in the past year hasn't been very pleasant and because life is short, I thought if you want one, get it now ... you can always sell it if you change your mind. Besides that, my sister, who's the wise one of the two of us told me to go for it!
I searched craigslist locally then moved up to Albany, down to Northern Jersey, over to Western Mass ... before i knew it, i was in Binghamton then even further west in New York ... yikes!
But it was love at first sight ... towed her home and I plan to make her even prettier ...
stay tuned for more pics and the makeover :)

No comments:

Post a Comment