Wednesday, July 10, 2013

getting ready

Well, I haven't spent too much time working on my new project ... it's been so incredibly hot here where I live that it's really hard to be outside if you're not in the pool. Between having a couple of house guests and working summer school and the weather, not much has gotten done regarding the physical labor. I have, however, spent way too much time perusing websites and my favorite magazines for ideas on how to transform my beautiful little trailer. She's ready to roll right now, but I do have some ideas I'd like to put into play.
First, I'd like to paint the trailer. My first choice is pale pink below the silver streak and white above it. My kids are thinking yellow or red ... we settled on a cherry red, but I really love that pink.
One of our local body shop guys came over with his family to take a look and gave me a fair idea of what it would cost to have it professionally painted, but we're probably going to attempt it ourselves. The paint job would have cost more than I paid for the trailer ... just can't do that right now.
Any suggestions regarding painting a trailer would be very much appreciated. We plan on heading to a paint store instead of a big box shop and getting some advice there. We'll buy a sprayer, some blue tape for prep work and aluminum polish as well. It may take a while, but I have some willing volunteers who work for food and I don't mind cooking!
More to come ...

No comments:

Post a Comment