Monday, July 22, 2013

just a few more exterior pics

So here are just a few more pictures of the exterior of Miss Maggie Mae ... It's finally cooled down enough around here to get some work done on this lovely creature. We'll move her into the backyard to paint the exterior. It's shady back there and probably better for the paint - and us! Waiting for my photographers to come in to take pictures of the interior. I'm using a camera on a phone and the pictures seem to come out just a little too small for posting. More to come very soon ... :)
We plan to paint the exterior a cherry red on the bottom and white on the top. We'll polish the aluminum stripe ... clean up the hitch and I might even paint my propane tank red, too. I've seen that on a few other vintage trailers and it's pretty cool ...

Did some shopping today and picked up drawer liners, a few cooking utensils ... and some pillows. I'll wash the shams I picked up, put them on the pillows then toss them in as soon as we get the place vacuumed and dusted a bit more.I ironed the some pretty white curtains that used to hang in my kitchen windows you see there in the background. I think they'll brighten up the interior nicely. We thought briefly about painting the cabinets, but they're in such good shape we thought we'd leave them as they are - at least for now. We will paint the oven and the icebox with appliance paint and, eventually pull up the carpet thought it's relatively new and in very good shape. I just don't like the blue. I'm hoping to be able to put in a red and white floor myself. I'm sure I can find that on youtube, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment