Monday, July 21, 2014

The Elephant's Trunk … Finally!

Well, it's been busy here. Yes, it's summer, but I'm working hard - and having fun! This past weekend i went to an estate sale on the other side of The River and found some wonderful treasures - mostly linens - mostly white. I went back the second day for the discounts and came home with even more linens! I was also able to go to an auction. My Aunt Judy had called me from the auction Saturday morning and I went straight over there after my second trip to the estate sale.
I bought two vintage wrought iron tables which I'm fairly certain are Salterini. The round dining table, like so many of her sisters, is missing her glass top, but she's in beautiful shape and still so lovely. The side table does have glass and is equally beautiful. I'd snap some pictures, but they're in the car!
I took both over to the Elephant's Trunk Flea Market in New Milford, CT yesterday. There was a lot of interest in both of them, but alas, they came home with me. I'd love to keep both, but I won't. I'm sure they'll sell. I did sell the third table I bought at auction - a lovely aluminum round with lots of chippy paint … so sweet … should've kept that one, really … but how many round tables does one girl need? I have six. Maybe that is enough.
My niece Isabella and I have been talking about doing The Elephant's Trunk for about two years now. We finally got there and it was worth the wait! It was amazing. Like the Beacon Flea and the Hastings Flea, the crowd was filled with very nice people, but unlike the other two, the Elephant's Trunk is big!
We started a little later than we would have liked - 4:00am came too fast - but it was a fabulous day and I'm looking forward to getting back there already. In the meantime, I'm getting ready for Madison Bouckville Antique Week! I've never been there, but a friend told me about it last summer then another friend mentioned it during the school year … both suggested going, and I am! I'll be at Quaker's Acres with Miss Maggie Mae and many wonderful vintage finds.

I'd love to blog on, but I've got to get back to ironing. I promised myself I'd get it done before heading back to The Trunk. If I don't, I'll have to stay in all weekend. Yes, I'll be grounding myself if I don't get this done so off I go. Here are a few photos of what I'm facing … a labor or love, really. They're so lovely that I don't mind ironing at all!







… more to come … 
Ps Maggie's painter visits tomorrow … we'll be choosing just the right pink! 

No comments:

Post a Comment